Connect To Your Past Present and Future!!!
"Yiddish In 10 Lessons,"
a 350 page workbook & 2 Audio CD's
To read about the author please click below
For a preview of the book please click on the link below
Article that was published in the Five Towns Jewish Home
"I would like to thank you for your book/cds entitled, 10 Lessons in Yiddish. Learning Yiddish through 10 Lessons in Yiddish was a very rewarding experience for me!"
Just a few reasons why I am so thankful for your work:
1. It helped me acquire the basics and fundamentals in all aspects of the Yiddish language. I find that I have a better knowledge of Yiddish rules than many who have been speaking Yiddish for years.
2. It helped me increase my Yiddish vocabulary immensely. This was accomplished in the way you grouped words by category, while teaching other new words through familiar stories and exercises.
3. The style of your book with the cds adds a FLAVOR to learning yiddish that is unmatched in a typical language book. You bring the Yiddish language to life making it a much more enjoyable learning experience. I was excited to keep developing further.
4. Your "customer service" throughout my learning experience was extremely beneficial. You selflessly made yourself available to assist me with all my beginner questions, while giving me the encouragement that I needed to reach my goal.
5. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I am extremely grateful to you because all of the above led me to my goal of passing an advanced Yiddish language test towards earning me college credits!!
6. Your love and passion for the language is unsurpassed and I look forward to conversing with you in the future!
7. For the cost of UNDER $100 and effort I definitely got my money's worth.
Thanks again. I wish you much success in continuing the growth of the Yiddish language!
Yoni S, New York
"I have been learning Yiddish the past 2 years here in Montreal and I can honestly say that I have learned more in these past few weeks with you than in the 2 years. For one thing I was not able to ‘say’ a sentence, I could sort of read and kind of understand but not speak - I am now speaking BH and thanks to you I am also reading and undertanding much better. Regards and Thank You."
- Pam C., Montreal, Quebec
- Pam C., Montreal, Quebec
"The Yiddish course by Chaim Werdyger brought back fond memories of my childhood and hearing Yiddish spoken in our house. The personal attention in each class was very helpful. It was both fun & educational. I highly recommend this class to anyone who wants to be able to start speaking Yiddish fluently."
- Yisrael M., Far Rockaway, NY
"As a past student of R' Chaim's conversational Yiddish class, I recommend it to anyone serious about learning Yiddish. The classes are methodical and geared towards real life practical Yiddish speaking (with a touch of humor), making the sessions flow well from one week to the next.
- Akiva W., Far Rockaway, NY
Thank you so much for your great Yiddish class. To answer your questions, I took the class because I work in an office with people whose first language is Yiddish, and it is used a lot, and I wanted to be able to better understand what was being said. Your class definitely helped in that regard. During the 10 weeks, I found myself understanding more and more the Yiddish that was spoken in my office. The class was fun, with interesting stories, beautiful songs, and conversations, and you are a very patient teacher.
-Danielle Z., Lakewood, NJ
I looked into taking a Yiddish course for 2 reasons actually a) I've always wanted to know how to speak Yiddish being that I come from a home where my grandparents, aunts, uncles and parents all spoke/speak Yiddish and I want to be able to understand the conversations or even the speeches at simchos etc. b) As a speech therapist I taught children whose first language was Yiddish and I realized it would be much easier for both the child and myself if I knew their language. So I figured it was a good time to try and learn the language. I thought the classes were organized and taught very well and that we were given a really good start to learning the language.
Thank you very much for giving me this opportunity. I really enjoyed it.
-Goldie A., Toronto, Canada