Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Taste of Yiddish 1.39

YIDDISH Has Gone Meshuga!! Everyone Suddenly Wants To Learn Yiddish!! I Guess Because Yiddish In 10 Lessons Is The Best Yiddish Program On The Market!! Before You Know It, You Might Converse In Yiddish Like A Pro!! Listen To The CD In The Car!! Join The Crowds!!





this week's quote
אַז איך בּין איך ווײַל איך בּין איך, און דו בּיסט דו ווײַל דו בּיסט דו, דאַן בּין איך איך און דו בּיסט דו, אָבּער אַז איך בּין איך ווײַל דו בּיסט דו, און דו בּיסט דו ווײַל איך בּין איך, דאַן בּין איך נישט איך און דו בּיסט נישט דו

transliterated
az ikh bin ikh vayl ikh bin ikh un du bist du vayl du bist du, dan bin ikh ikh un du bist du. ober az ikh bin ikh vayl du bist du un du bist du vayl ikh bin ikh, dan bin ikh nit ikh un du bist nit du

the quote actually means
If I am I because I am I and you are you because you are you, then I am I and you are you. However, if I am I because you are you and you are you because I am I, then I am not I and you are not you.
(people are too busy living their lives to impress others, not being who they really are)
    translated to Hebrew
    אם אני אני בגלל שאני אני ואתה אתה בגלל שאתה אתה, אז אני אני ואתה אתה. אבל אם אני אני בגלל שאתה אתה ואתה אתה בגלל שאני אני, אז אני לא אני ואתה לא אתה


Express It In Yiddish Vol 1: Body Language”

500 Yiddish expressions and idioms about the nuances and mannerisms of body language. The body speaks its own language



 אַ גוטע וואָך 

Chaim Werdyger
Bringing back the Yiddish language

A proverb is a short, generally known sentence of the folk which contains wisdom, truth, morals, and traditional views in a metaphorical, fixed and memorizable form and which is handed down from generation to generation






No comments:

Post a Comment